Reflections on the last 25 Years
1994 was a big year – the first website was launched, Forrest Gump was in theaters, Nelson Mandela was elected, Nancy Kerrigan was attacked, and OJ Simpson had a long drive on a California freeway in a white Bronco.
It was also the year that Fichtner Services was born and the company was operated out of Tom Fichtner’s apartment. It all started when the roofing company that he was working for slowly went out of business. Tom learned a lot from that first experience, mostly about what not to do, and has steadily built his company from the ground up. He based his mission statement on the principles of honesty, superior customer service and craftsmanship.
Some things we have learned over the years:
- Treat every house like it is your own, and you can’t go wrong.
- Installing quality products matters – Poor quality not only is a bad value for our customers, but it also reflects negatively on us. We don’t install anything on your home that we wouldn’t install on ours.
- Price matters – There’s always going to be another company out there cheaper…. But what are they skimping on? Insurance? Paying under the table? Poor quality materials? We will charge a fair price to enable us to offer the best value and service to our customers, and allow us to pay fair wages to our hard working people.
- Being honest matters – If we mess up, we admit it, and then try our best to make up for it and more. After all we are human and mistakes happen, but character is built on adversity.
- Experience and longevity matter – we have learned A LOT over the last 25 years. And we are still learning every day with new things that make us scratch our heads. Being in business for 25 years gives us the ability to offer our knowledge to our customers, giving them peace of mind that the job is being done right. And being certified by GAF, Tamko, James Hardie, Firestone and Marvin is no easy task. These manufacturers run a tight ship as to who they choose to represent their products.
- People matter – After all, that is why we are in this business. We believe in giving back to the community that supports us. We have contributed to numerous charities over the years and have sponsored the Light House Shelter for 11 years straight. It is just one way that we can try to make our community a better place.
We thank you for your support in the past and wish you a very Happy Holiday and a safe, healthy and peaceful New Year!