Did you know that 40% of your home’s energy is lost through your attic?
Adding or upgrading your home’s insulation with Fichtner Services is a fast, easy and affordable way to save money on your energy bill.
The AttiCat Blown-In Insulation system from Owens Corning is one of the industry’s best choices for attic insulation. Fichtner Services is proud to be an AttiCat insulation contractor in Maryland. Whether you are building a new home, adding on a new room, or renovating your home, we can evaluate your current attic insulation to make sure you are properly insulated.
Why Attic Insulation is Important for Your Home
Many Maryland homes that are 10 year or older are under-insulated. Attic insulation is important to your home’s performance and energy efficiency year round. An insulation contractor can make sure that attic insulation is properly installed with air sealing, delivering comfort and lower energy bills during the hottest and coldest times of the year.
What is R-value?
The performance of insulation is measured by R-value, or its ability to resist heat flow. Higher R-values mean more insulating power. Air sealing is important for optimal performance of insulation, which works best when air is not moving through or around it.
How Much Attic Insulation Do I Need?
The amount of attic insulation you need varies depending on where your home is located and how much existing insulation you have in the attic. In the Mid-Atlantic region, most homes need R-38 to R-60. A Fichtner Services representative will inspect your attic to determine your current level and recommend the amount of insulation that is right for your home.
Visit Energy Star Recommended Levels of Insulation Guide
Pink is Green!
Owens Corning insulation is good for the environment and your wallet. Not only can attic insulation help increase your home’s energy efficiency and save money on energy bills, Owens Corning Fiberglas™ insulation is made with 99% natural materials and nearly twice the recycled content of other brands.
Why Choose Owens Corning AttiCat Insulation
Quick and Easy:
- Blown-in attic insulation is completed in less than 1.5 hours, in most cases, the whole job can be completed in less than 4 hours
- Automated system allows insulation contractor to put the insulation in precise locations
- Fiberglas™ insulation releases and expands completely inside machine
- Provides easy clean-up because machine is self contained
- Low dust system
- Fiberglas™ insulation will not settle, it will keep its energy-saving R-value over time
- Save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs
- Owens Corning attic insulation is Energy Star rated, qualifying it for federal, state and local tax incentives
Contact Fichtner Services today, (410) 519-1900, or schedule your free consultation & estimate now:Free Estimate