Now that spring is finally arriving, it’s time to get outside and see what Old Man Winter has done to your home. Wind, snow, ice and the freeze-thaw cycle can take their toll on your home’s protective shell. Here is a checklist of things to look for:
– Are there curling, blistering and broken shingles? This usually indicates the end of the shingles’ life expectancy.
– Is there loose material at chimneys, pipes and other roof penetrations?
– Is there shingle grain in gutters? This gives added weight and protection from the UV rays.
– Are there wet areas on the inside of your home indicating roof or siding leaks?
– Are the gutters overflowing?
– Are they coming away from the house, sagging or dipping?
– Are they full of debris? Now is a good time to have Leaf Relief gutter guards installed.
– Are there any loose or cracked pieces of siding or trim?
– Is there any rotten wood, including window and door trim, soffit and fascia?
– Are the caulk joints around windows and doors cracked?
– Are your windows drafty or uninsulated?
– Have the seals failed allowing moisture between the panes?
– Are they hard to open and close properly?
Now is the time to take care of any issues before they become costly problems. Fichtner Services can help. Call us for a FREE ESTIMATE or to schedule a Check-up Service for any of the above items.